Tuesday, January 29, 2008

first trad session

Yesterday our Italian roommate came back from Italy and brought back some authentic mozzarella and prosciutto. She had a lot left over so Kym and I made what may have been the best lunch I've had yet since being in Ireland. Ironically, this meal had nothing to do with Ireland whatsoever but oh well. We cut up tomatoes and sliced up a mozzarella ball and then cut strips of prosciutto over it. I had to take a picture of it in order to remember how good it was and to remind myself that I needed to go to Italy at some point to eat more of what seems to be the best food ever.

Tonight we met up with a friend at a pub in the center of the city to listen to a trad session (traditional music session). This was the first one I've been to so I have no idea what to compare it to, but the scene at the pub was really chill and fun. There was this bike mounted up on the wall on one side, and then the entire pub was covered with pictures of famous singers, players, and random stuff I didn't recognize. I took a video clip especially for Laura and Dad since I know this is where you'd be if you were here...


2 comments:

rsgradio said...

Hey Emily,

Skip the tomato. But give us more great music. Boy do I want to come!

RSGradio

laura said...

dahhhhh! me too!!!!!