Saturday, February 2, 2008

bubble hits.

For the sole purpose of wanting this as a reference, I wanted to make a few lists of things going on here- music, fashion, etc. that I might would want to remember later. Especially some of the sweet music videos that I'm planning on including.
So here goes...

Fashion:
Guys- tracksuits. Whoa jealous when I'm sitting in class, cold and wet, and then I look over at the guy sitting next to me with his magic hydrophobic pants, neither wet nor cold. And not everyone wears them. Obviously if you're going out at night this is not the attire used, but I'm not going to lie- there are a lot of tracksuits here.

Girls- going out clothes. All the time. Class attire: skinny jeans, flats or boots, cute shirt, scarf, coat (not the NorthFace coat seen by many-a sorority girl at NCSU but, for example, a double breasted wool coat). Pub/Club attire: dressing up. There is none of this 'jeans and a nice shirt' look seen back in NC (aka my wardrobe- which means I just wear jeans and a nice shirt anyway and then look like I'm bumming it when I go out. But whatev). Girls are super dressed up- dresses, boots/heels, and an intense amount of makeup.

Music:
Disclaimer...This music collection is based on the frequent viewing of the 'Bubble Hits' channel (kind of the MTV2 music channel) on the individual tv's at the Mardyke Gym, where Kym and I usually go about every day. Due to the fact that Ireland has about 8 channels to its name, if one wanted to jog in place for 45 minutes at about 11 am on a Saturday, there is absolutely nothing to watch on tv except for really bad Irish soap operas or the Bubble Hits channel. Which is why this following selection of songs all fall into an MTV'ish style, rather than all types of music in Ireland. Some are really weird (see Robyn's 'Handle Me'), and others are whoa pop songs (see Leona Lewis-the winner of the UK's version of American Idol-'s 'Bleeding Love'), but I'm not going to lie- some of these songs are pretty catchy. Also, they are everywhere.

Lupe Fiasco - Superstar
Mika - Relax, Take It Easy
Robyn - Handle Me
Robyn - Be Mine!
Mutya Buena ft. Amy Winehouse - B Boy Baby
Scouting for Girls - Elvis Ain't Dead
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
T2 (Ft. Jodie) - Heartbroken
Craig David - 6 of 1 Thing

Obviously big songs (why the simple plan one I have no idea) that I'm including anyway...
Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music
Simple Plan - When I'm Gone

and then of course Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, OneRepublic ft. Timbaland, Soulja Boy, etc.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

as promised. i read. haha.

does neighbours ever come on? that's an aussie show which the british love, maybe the irish do too. jasmine showed me that bleeding love song...fantastic! :) so happy i got to talk to you today. love you

Hannah said...

woah...okay same robyn from like, 4th grade?