Thursday, May 29, 2008

munster

(left) A giant Munster jersey hung over one of the pubs in Cork

Last Saturday, we all met up at a pub downtown to watch the Heineken Cup- Munster vs. Toulouse (a French team). Munster is the area of Ireland that includes something like the south western part- including Cork. It was a really big deal because it would be the second time in 3 years when Munster won it, and I don't think they won it before that (maybe they did but it was a while ago?). Idk. But either way it was a big game.
The pub was whoa crowded and everyone was really excited and we had such a good time. We got there at like 3 and the game didn't start until 5 but we wanted good seats, so we had a while to sit around and hang out.
The game itself was really exciting- it stayed close the whole time. By the first half we were up by 4 points and then we stayed tied for a while. The second half though we got back ahead again, but not by much so we were all really tense and waiting for the French team to score at the last second, but luckily it didn't happen.
Munster won 16-13 and at the end of the game, when Munster lifted up the Heineken Cup the pub went crazy and for the rest of the night everyone was in a good mood.

Me and 2 of my friends at the pub:


Mostly just a lot of people yelling:




-------------------------------------------------------

Ok this part is random and nothing to do with Munster, but I wanted to include another building in Cork that I didn't go look at on my tour of Cork. Well, technically I have a really far away picture of it but this is St. Fin Barre's Cathedral up close...
This is by far my favorite cathedral in Cork and I walk by it almost every day, but never have a camera with me.

Back view:


Front view:

No comments: